We may process your personal data in the course of performing activities, depending on your relationship with us. The conditions applicable to the processing activity applicable to you is in accordance with Data Protection Laws of Sri Lanka.
1. I AM A VISITOR TO THE COLOMBO PORT CITY WEBSITE.
If you are a visitor to the Colombo Port City website www.portcitycolombo.gov.lk, we may collect some personal data automatically via cookies on our website.
2. ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA AND TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL DATA.
Only CPCEC officers who have a justified need for processing your personal data have access to your personal data. We share your personal data with third parties only if needed and to the justified extent and only if we have a legal basis for such transmission.
We use third party service providers that may have access to your personal data. These service providers shall be considered as data processors. For example, such data processors include cloud service providers, email service providers, data analytics service providers, etc. We use only data processors who provide sufficient guarantees that they apply appropriate technical and organizational measures in order to ensure the protection of your personal data.
3. WE MAY ALSO TRANSMIT YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO THE FOLLOWING THIRD PARTIES WHO ACT AS INDEPENDENT CONTROLLERS WITH REGARD TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
- To third parties who possess information that is necessary to reply to data subject’s inquiry (e.g., Embassies, Sri Lanka Ministry of Foreign Affairs, other Sri Lankan government authorities), in which case the legal basis for the transmission of your personal data is our legitimate interest to the extent permitted by the Data Protection Laws of Sri Lanka.
- To third parties who protect our legal rights (e.g., our legal consultants), in which case the legal basis for the transmission of personal data is our legitimate interest to the extent permitted by the Data Protection Laws of Sri Lanka.
- To third parties who audit us, in which case the legal basis for the transmission of personal data is our legitimate interest to the extent permitted by the Data Protection Laws of Sri Lanka.
- To third parties to whom we are obligated to transmit personal data in accordance with laws of Sri Lanka (e.g., supervisory authorities), in which case the legal basis for transmission is the fulfilment of our obligations arising from law.
4. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We retain your personal data until it is necessary depending on the purposes for which we collected the data.
We implement sufficient technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data, taking into account: (i) the level of technology, (ii) the costs of implementation, (iii) the nature, scope, context, and purposes, and (iv) the possible risks to you that may arise from data processing.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
- The right to request access to your personal data (including to receive a copy of your personal data);
- The right to request the rectification or completion of your personal data;
- The right to request the erasure of personal data;
- The right to withdraw your consent if we process your personal data on the basis of your consent and the right to object to further processing of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise the rights specified above or should you have any questions about the processing of your personal data, please contact us on the contact details provided below.
8. CONTACT DETAILS
If you have any questions concerning the processing of your personal data or if you wish to exercise your rights with regard to your personal data, please contact us using the following contact details:
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone Number: (+94) 11 7560 006